The endocrinologist is a specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of hormonal or gland disorders. Hormones are biochemical substances produced by the glands, and they control vital functions in the body, such as growth, metabolism, reproduction, among others.
Endocrinology is the branch of medicine that deals with the study of the physiology and pathology of the endocrine system, the metabolism of nutritional substances, and the promotion of health through the prevention of diseases related to the endocrine system.
In our endocrinology service, we offer you the latest state-of-the-art diagnostic techniques; and preventive, therapeutic techniques to provide you with the best medical care. In addition, together with our team of highly qualified doctors, we provide an accurate and timely diagnosis that helps avoid health complications and obtain the best results
• Hyperthyroidism: It is the overactivity of the thyroid gland, which gives rise to high concentrations of thyroid hormones and to the acceleration of vital bodily functions.
• Hypothyroidism: It is the hypoactivity of the thyroid gland that implies the inadequate production of thyroid hormones, and a slowdown of the vital functions of the organism.
• Cushing’s disease: It is caused by the excessive concentration of corticosteroids, due to the consumption of corticosteroids, or by overproduction by the adrenal glands.
• Addison’s disease: It occurs when the adrenal glands are hypoactive, leading to a lack of adrenal hormones.
• Acromegaly: Also known as gigantism. It is an overproduction of growth hormone (somatotropin), which causes the overgrow.
• Diabetes: It is a disorder in which glycemia (concentration of sugar or glucose in the blood) is excessively high because the body does not secrete enough insulin to satisfy its own demand.
• Obesity: When a person’s weight is greater than what is considered healthy according to their height, exceeding a BMI equal to or greater than 30kg / m2
In general, a patient is referred to this service by another doctor, when they have detected an abnormality in routine examinations such as laboratory tests.
The evaluation of the endocrinologist is essential when the usual treatment for certain diseases (diabetes, osteoporosis, cholesterol, obesity, infertility, among others) has failed to control them, and it is necessary to rule out hormonal changes.
Our endocrinology service puts at your disposal state-of-the-art equipment to provide you with an accurate diagnosis, allowing you to take preventive and corrective actions to guarantee your health. In addition, our team of doctors with an interdisciplinary approach works hand in hand to keep you always healthy.
– Specialized laboratory tests
– DEXA scans
– Obesity surgery
Effective treatment depends on the cause of the endocrine system diseases. Various types of treatment may include invasive and non-invasive treatments to treat the root problem.
– For the treatment of diabetes, nutritionists, endocrinologists, and diabetes educators work hand in hand to change your lifestyle, improve diet, control and monitor blood sugar and manage insulin levels
– To treat obesity, our team of specialists will help you develop a personalized eating plan. In addition to evaluating surgical options for an effective result.
– Treatments for thyroid problems consist of evaluations and exams such as biopsies, with faster test results.
– For the treatment of osteoporosis, we have available the latest treatments, such as oral or injectable therapy to increase or preserve bone mass.
It is necessary to consult a professional to determine the exact cause of the endocrine system diseases to obtain the best treatment for each case and rule out any other related pathology. So if you are having endocrine diseases, we want to help you.
With our team of highly qualified doctors, our multidisciplinary approach, and the use of the latest technology equipment, we can provide you with an accurate diagnosis to implement the effective treatment for each pathology.