Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. It is for this reason that our cardiology service focuses on preventing these diseases in healthy people, but also on diagnosing the disease when it is already present.
Through our cardiology medical service, Century Medical center offers you the best cardiology specialists and various diagnostic tests to determine your cardiovascular health and detect the presence of risk factors.
Some signs that you should see a cardiology specialist:
– You suffer from cardiological risk factors such as high blood pressure or high blood cholesterol
– You have a family history of heart disease at an early age
– You are diabetic and have vascular problems
– You have suffered dizziness or loss of consciousness for no apparent reason
– You feel tachycardia or irregular heartbeat
– You feel pain or tightness in the chest and shortness of breath.
• High blood pressure: Persistent rise in blood pressure from the values established by consensus
• Myocardial infarction: It is caused by a lack of blood supply to the heart caused by occlusion or narrowing of one or more coronary arteries by a thrombus.
• Angina pectoris: Oppressive central thoracic pain that sometimes radiates to the left arm, throat, or back. It is a manifestation of the existence of ischemic heart disease caused by arteriosclerosis of the arteries that supply the heart.
• Arrhythmias: This is an abnormality of the periodicity of the heartbeat
• Heart failure: It is a syndrome characterized by an inability of the heart to maintain a normal and adequate circulatory situation for the individual, not pumping blood to the body as it should. This means that the blood cannot carry enough oxygen and nutrients to the body to function normally.
• Aortic aneurysm: It occurs when the wall of the aortic artery dilates anywhere in the body.
• Arteriovenous malformation: They are formed when the arteries of the brain connect directly with the nearby veins, without mediating the capillaries between them, forming nests and tangles. As time passes, they deteriorate and can burst, bleeding early.
In order to achieve our goals, our cardiology service has highly trained technical personnel, as well as state-of-the-art medical equipment. In this way, we can carry out a complex number of diagnostic tests such as:
– Conventional electrocardiography
– Holter electrocardiography
– Stress electrocardiography
– Echocardiography and Doppler
– Stress echocardiogram with dobutamine
– Stress echocardiogram
– Transesophageal echocardiogram
– Outpatient blood pressure monitoring
– Cardiac catheterization
– Electrophysiology and pacemaker
Effective treatment depends on the pathology and its causes. Procedures for surgical and non-surgical treatment are part of the area of expertise of our specialists, and we have state-of-the-art equipment to offer you excellent treatment options.
It is necessary to consult a professional to determine the exact cause of the heart disease to obtain the best treatment for each case and rule out any other related pathology. So if you are having heart problems, we want to help you.
With our team of highly qualified doctors, our multidisciplinary approach, and the use of the latest technology equipment, we can provide you with an accurate diagnosis to implement the effective treatment for each pathology.